1. From the Long Island Expressway heading East from New York City and Nassau County: to Exit 49S, (Route 110, Amityville) Stay on LIE service road. Cross over Route 110 and continue East on service road until you reach Pinelawn Rd. Turn Right on Pinelawn Road and continue South. Pinelawn Road changes its name to Wellwood Avenue at the intersection of Pinelawn and Baylis Ave. Continue South on Wellwood past cemeteries and over Southern State Parkway. Follow the directions listed in item #6 below.
2. From the Long Island Expressway heading West from Eastern Suffolk County: to Exit 49N. Stay in the left lane. Make the first left onto Pinelawn Road. Follow Pinelawn Road South. Pinelawn Road changes to Wellwood Avenue at the intersection of Pinelawn and Baylis Avenue. Continue South on Wellwood past cemeteries and over Southern State Parkway. Follow directions listed in item #6 below.
3. From the Southern State Parkway: to Exit 35 South, Wellwood Avenue. Then follow the directions in item # 6 below.
4. From Sunrise Highway (27): to Wellwood Avenue South exit. Then follow the directions in item # 6 below.
5. From Montauk Highway (27A): to Wellwood Avenue North. Landmarks are the Jeep/Eagle dealer on the southeast corner and a boat dealership on the northeast corner. If you are coming from Eastern Suffolk make a right turn (North) onto Wellwood. Those coming from New York City or Nassau will make a left (North) onto Wellwood. Continue North onto Wellwood Avenue approximately one-quarter mile. The library will be on the right just past the Lindenhurst Village Hall and the funeral home.
6. Continue South on Wellwood Avenue past Sunrise Highway (Route 27) overpass, pass under Long Island Rail Road trestle (E. Hoffman Ave.), past traffic light at the North Fork Bank and Ridgewood Savings Bank and continue just pass the Lindenhurst Middle School on the left. Make left turn at traffic light (Lee Avenue) just past the Middle School and first right turn into library parking lot.