Looking for a journal article, or trying to research and learn something new? This is the place! Most of our databases can be found on live-brary.com, however LML does have some exclusive and exciting databases. See our recommend list below.
What you need:
1. A library card
2. Internet access
Arts & Humanities
- Live-brary- Arts & Humanities
- Includes Credo Reference center, a great place to start your research.
- Live-brary- History
- Includes History Reference Center and historic newspapers.
- Opposing ViewPoints*
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context is the online resource covering today’s hottest social issues, from offshore drilling to climate change. Opposing Viewpoints in Context helps students research, analyze and organize a broad variety of data for conducting research, completing writing assignments, preparing for debates, creating presentations and more. In Library Link
Books & Reading
- Nextreads delivers book suggestions right to your email. There are over 20 list topics to choose from, including general fiction, mystery, biography, historical fiction, thrillers, romance, travel business, young adult and children’s books! To sign up today, click on the Nextreads icon and follow the simple instructions. email address is required.
- Novelist enables you to access lists of fiction and non-fiction suggestions based on authors you have already read. In addition, access reviews and descriptions for hundreds of thousands of fiction titles. In Library Link
Business & Law
- Mitchell’s on Demand * (IN LIBRARY USE ONLY) Mitchell on Demand is the ultimate automobile repair database used by the professionals. This database provides the information you need to repair your car and estimate the price of parts.
- Auto Repair Reference Center
- Live-brary.com- Education
- Includes databases such as Children's Literature Comprehensive Database, ERIC, and Teacher Reference Center
- *Ancestry Library Edition* (IN LIBRARY USE ONLY)
- Ancestry is an essential tool for your genealogy research. Search through census and other historical records, publications, stories, photos, maps and more.
- Live-brary- Genealogy
- Great genealogy and biography resources such as Fold3, Heritage Quest, World Vital Records, and Biography Reference Center.
Health & Medicine
Jobs & Careers
- Live-brary- Jobs & Careers
- Includes Adult Education & Career Center, Career Cruising, JobsNow!
- Job & Career Accelerator
- Job & Career Accelerator is the industry's most comprehensive, online job search system that puts job seekers on the Fast Track to getting hired.
- Learning Express*
- Access to skill improvement programs for adults and ESL learners.
- Mango Languages
- Mango Languages gives you access to language courses, to learn on your own time from Home and in the library!
Magazines & Newspapers
- Live-brary- Magazines & Newspapers
- Tons of databases such as Consumer Reports, National Newspaper Index, New York State Newspapers, New York Times, Newsday, and Suffolk Historic Newspapers.
Science & Technology
- Live-brary- Science & Technology
- This is your go-to place for all science and technology related resources! Databases include, Computer Source, New Book Of Popular Science, Science Online, and Science Reference Center.
- Learning Express*
- Access to test preparation and practice tests for High School & Middle School exams, civil service & career exams, ESL exams and more. Also includes skill improvement programs for High school, Middle school, adult and ESL learners.
- Live-brary- Kids
- Kids and teens doing research? Don't use google!! Try these reliable resources when doing projects! America the Beautiful, Grolier Online Kids, Kids Search, Primary Search, Searchasaurus, Something About the Author, and Twayne's Author Series all included!
- Novelist Plus K-8
- Novelist K-8 enables you to access lists of child and younger teen fiction and non-fiction suggestions based on the books you, your child, or student have already read. The Novelist K-8 database also allows you to search books based on subject content (i.e. books about different countries and cultures). In Library Link
- World Book Online Reference is your source for electronic encyclopedia, dictionary and atlas entries; as well as educator tools and resource.